While waiting for the epoxy to cure during the various stages of the icebox build, I started working on the lazerette locker. The locker was originally pretty voluminous. I made it smaller by converting part of it to propane locker that holds three 10lb bottles. Click here for info on the propane locker project. But, just like the original, and most of the Cape Dories I have been on, the locker had a sloping bottom and everything put in it slides to the forward end. It seemed impossible to figure out how to store anything in an organized manner without some serious modification. The obvious solution was to install a flat bottom. I thought, for a long time, when it came time to modify the locker I would epoxy tape the outboard edges of the panels to the hull but then I knew it would mean I could not remove them. So, I decided to epoxy in small blocks and the panels would lay on the blocks and I could then remove them. I crawled inside the locker--a tight squeeze to be sure--with my laser level and used a sharpie to trace the line around the inside of the locker along the hull making sure it would be low enough to clear the Cape Horn steering quadrant when it is in the "stored" down position. I moved the laser level several times to be able to trace the line all the way around the locker. Next, I determined the angle of the hull at each station where I would put the blocks. The, I cut the blocks from some scrap Douglas Fir. I also cut some longer 1"x1" cleats, also from Douglas Fir, to support the panels on the bulkhead and around the propane locker bottom edge. Then, I epoxied the blocks in position and let them cure over night. The next day, I used door-skin ply to make templates by laying them across the blocks (they were surprisingly perfectly level) and hot gluing them in a manner that would define three separate lifting panels. I took the panels to the work shop, traced them on some BS 1088 okume plywood and cut them out. I spent a little time with a small block plane beveling the outside edge to match the slope of the hull. They fit nicely. Sometime in the next couple of days I will cut vent holes in the panels to allow air to circulate and to use as finger holes to lift them out. There is some loss of space but what I have is far more useable.